David G. Linger is a partner in the Litigation Practice and the Leader of the Real Property Valuation Practice. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation, including property valuation, tax and commercial litigation. Mr. Linger appears on behalf of both local businesses and individuals in all forums. He has represented numerous clients in personal injury lawsuits and has obtained multimillion-dollar recoveries.
Mr. Linger has defended snowmobile clubs in personal injury lawsuits for two decades on a statewide basis. He also provides counsel to an umbrella organization that represents snowmobile clubs and lectures on the protections afforded to landowners by New York's recreational use statute.
Mr. Linger also has extensive experience in dealing with real property valuation matters, frequently representing taxpayers, school districts and taxing entities in tax assessment litigation. He also has represented entities that are subject to eminent domain claims and has obtained compensation for property that has been seized.
- President and Board Member, Geneva Local Development Corporation
- Vice President and Board Member, Geneva Business Improvement District
- Board Member, Ontario County's Finger Lakes Visitors Connection
- Member, Onondaga County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- 47th Annual International Snowmobile Congress, "Liability Can Ruin a Trail" (June 2015)
- New York State Snowmobile Association, "Insurance and Liability Issues" (April 2014)
- Mr. Linger frequently lectures on the protection afforded to landowners by New York's recreational use statute.
- New York State Snowmobile Association, "Insurance and Liability Issues" (April 2005)
- National Business Institute Conference on Superior Deposition Strategies in Civil Trial Practice, "Preparing the Client Witness and Conducting the Deposition" (September 2004)
- "Taxation of Contaminated Property: Should Property Owners Get a Break?", Hancock Estabrook Newsletter, November 2012
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1987
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., magna cum laude, 1984
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals (Second Circuit)
- United States Court of Claims
- United States District Court (EDNY)
- United States District Court (NDNY)
- United States District Court (WDNY)