Gregory A. Mattacola is counsel in the Health Care Practice. Mr. Mattacola concentrates his practice on health law, labor and employment law, litigation, real estate, estate planning and municipal law.
Mr. Mattacola also has a Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) from the Compliance Certification Board. Individuals who have received a CHC designation have obtained a significant level of knowledge relating to healthcare industry regulations and compliance processes.
Prior to joining Hancock Estabrook, Mr. Mattacola was the owner of The Mattacola Law Firm and Vice President/Hospital Counsel for Rome Memorial Hospital. In that role, he handled employment issues, vendor contracts, physician contracts, and various compliance matters including Stark and Anti-Kickback issues. He also served in an operations management role, overseeing Risk Management, Materials Management, Food & Nutrition and the Hospital's skilled nursing facility.
Mr. Mattacola manages the Hancock Estabrook Rome office, located at 217 N. Washington St., Rome, NY, formerly known as The Mattacola Law Firm. This office provides legal services in the areas of labor and employment, personal injury, wills and estate planning, real estate, municipal law, family law and health law.
- Selected, “Accent on Excellence” Award, Observer-Dispatch and Northland Communications
- Past President, Rome Hospital Foundation
- Member, Rome Hospital Foundation Board of Directors
- Member, Rome Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Oneida County Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Care Compliance Association
- Past President, Rome Rotary Club
- Past Chairman, Rome Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member, Leadership Mohawk Valley, Board of Directors
- Past Adjunct Professor, SUNY Buffalo School of Law
- Hancock Estabrook 2017 Health Law Symposium (March 2017)
- Hancock Estabrook's 12th Annual Labor & Employment Law Symposium (September 2016)
- 2016 Annual STEAM Youth Conference, "Maximize the Numbers/Maximize Your Life" (August 2016)
- Hancock Estabrook's Fourth Annual Advisors to Small Business Symposium (June 2016)
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A., cum laude, 1994
- New York
- United States District Court (NDNY)
- United States District Court (WDNY)
- United States Supreme Court