Personal Injury Defense
Accidents leading to lawsuits happen every day. Hancock Estabrook defends insured companies, self-insured businesses, government entities and individuals in personal injury lawsuits in state and federal courts in Central New York and throughout the region. We are committed to representing our clients competently and thoroughly and keeping them updated. Our personal injury attorneys strive to minimize litigation costs and maximize the probability of a successful outcome.
We are experienced, knowledgeable trial attorneys, able to protect our clients' rights in the courtroom. We also, when appropriate, advance our clients' interests through settlement, mediation or arbitration. Our personal injury attorneys include Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and a past Chairman of the Trial Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association. Our attorneys are also members of numerous industry and professional organizations, including the ALFA International Product Liability and Transportation steering committees, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, and the Transportation Lawyers Association. We regularly defend clients in the following types of personal injury cases:
- Automobile, Trucking, and Motorcycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Equipment and Product Accidents
- Lead Paint Claims
- Asbestos Exposure
- Food or Water Contamination
- Personal and Premises Security Claims
- Successfully defended a major automobile manufacturer in a case alleging defective design of a hood latching system.
- Won defense verdicts for insured persons and businesses relating to construction, automobile accident, premises liability and medical malpractice cases.
- Represented defendants on an appeal of a $34 million medical malpractice verdict for plaintiffs, assisting the client in settling the matter for a greatly reduced sum.
- Successfully defended an overhead door manufacturer in several cases involving injury from contact with a lowering door in a workplace.
- Successfully defended several local manufacturers in matters alleging mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in Westchester County for a regional agricultural/horticultural business in a case alleging negligence in the loading and shipment of a product.